.
Hey everyone! GFC will be discontinued soon for Wordpress Blogs, so be sure to follow with LinkyFollowers instead! I don't want to lose any of you! Thanks!! :D

Small Space Craft Closet - Before/After

For as long as I can remember I have enjoyed organization. That doesn't mean I'm an organized person by any means, BUT when I see something that is labeled, alphabetically sorted, and/or color coded that really makes my tail wag. As my grandma says, "Everything in it's place and a place for everything."

We moved in to this beautiful and tiny condo almost 2 years ago and my craft space has jumped around from the hall closet to my daughters bedroom closet to the garage and so on. It hasn't been very conducive for being creative if ya' know what I mean. PLUS, I had to haul everything in to the kitchen and set up shop on my kitchen table which usually left me very little room to actually create ANYTHING! What I was left with was a tiny portion of my table to turn out cards, scrapbook pages and so on.

D is a carpenter, which in this case was not a good thing for me because we would sit down and start to draw up this master closet with stuff that wheeled out and a table that flipped open, etc. and it got a little overwhelming. I wouldn't be able to handle all the decisions and we would put it off. A couple weeks later, we would do that dance all over again. So, finally the other day I just said, "Ya' know what? Give me some shelves and that's all I really need." Boy, was I right. The very next day, he walked through the door with shelves and got to installing them. That night, all of the ideas for my new craft closet were mulling around and I'll admit it, I was giddy. Take a look.


Before

After

I went to Target (love,love, love) and got all these awesome storage boxes. They had a ton to choose from. It must be because of school starting and all the college stuff they have right now. I also picked up a couple things from the dollar section and Voila! Oh, I also got the over-the-door shoe thing from Target. I made sure to get a clear one so I could see all of my punches with ease. Here are some more pictures with details.




Well, there it is. My new love.

I'm linked up HERE, and don't forget to join in on the fun! :)

32 comments:

  1. What great use of small space! Congrats.-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love it! I also have a love for organizing!! Storage bins and caddies - LOVE!! I'm super jealous of your craft stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe you could do that to my stuff?! It looks so nice and neat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! What an awesome way to make use of such a small closet. Very organized. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous and functional, a win win. I am totally reorganizing my space after being inspired by you and so many others. I can get a handle on all my stuff, I can, I can.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it!! Oh how I love to organize too! I totally get anxiety when I see messy stuff. LOL You really used the space very well! Fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Geez that is awesome! i need to finish my basement closet... my work area is a mess. thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful project. You organized this so well...great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great work! Thanks for linking up to Mad Skills Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks amazing! love all the cute colorful boxes. I'm hosting We're Organized Wednesday this week and would love for you to join the party. THere's a great giveaway too. Hope to see you there.
    http://organizeyourstuffnow.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice job! We have identical stuff. I used to be a SU demo for 4+ years. I love target too, isn't it amazing all the great stuff they have for $1.
    -Martha http://mcsqrd.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your closet. One of my favorite things to organize with is the over the door shoe organizer. Thanks for linking to We're Organized Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your closet looks fabulous! I like the idea of the shoe organizer for punches. Makes me want to go attack the unorganized side of my craft area!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks everyone! I'm so happy that this inspired some of you to tackle that area that might have been lacking a little organization. It really is doable and way more functional! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow... what a great organization job! I SO need to clean up my craft/den room.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice job! I love how organized you got that little closet! You should start your own business!
    smiles!

    www.blackberryvine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the idea for organize your punches!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You should stop over at MyCraftieLife.blogspot.com and link up to Tuesday Tell All. I would love to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your closet is so awesome, I am jealous! I wish I had a whole closet for just my craft stuff! The shoe hanger for the cutters was really smart!

    ReplyDelete
  20. wow, very inspiring! Thanks so much for sharing all your great projects on Craft Schooling Sunday, so nice to "meet" a new crafter! all the best and hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You must just go ahhhhhhh every time you open this closet door. :) I know I would. It really looks great and an organized space is just so calming.
    I would be flattered if you would consider sharing it on my first ever linky party at BeColorful. I know I have some followers that would like to see this.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  22. looks so nice and neat :) come on over and link up to MMM!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am so excited that you stopped by! Thanks for link up to Tuesday Tell All!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a great use of space! Love the colors and shapes.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Courtney ~

    That looks GREAT and now you have your own crafting space! I love all the organization bins/baskets/totes at Target, too! Have fun crafting now!

    Blessings ~

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks for joining We're Organized Wednesday. Hope to see you again this week.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks for linking to the party. I'm featuring this today.

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is beautiful! I can't tell you how much I love to organize so this is very neat! I don't have a lot of crafting things but I've got lots of other stuff to hide! Great job! It looks beautiful!

    Becky B.
    www.organizingmadefun.com
    Organizing Made Fun

    ReplyDelete
  29. The shelves were a great idea! Fantastic makeover.

    Visiting from Org Junkie.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the comment! I, seriously, love and treasure each one!

Share

Widgets