.
Hey everyone! GFC will be discontinued soon for Wordpress Blogs, so be sure to follow with LinkyFollowers instead! I don't want to lose any of you! Thanks!! :D

Mini Rant About the Electricity

I have had an interesting past couple days, to say the least. It was my mom's birthday on Monday and we had a very nice dinner with the family to celebrate. My husband went to work earlier that night, so when I went home, I was by myself with both kids. Now, I should probably tell you that we are having an incredible heat wave here. On Monday, the high was 108 in my city. I should also tell you that I am not one of those people who deals well with the heat. I absolutely HATE to sweat and I can not even fall asleep if I am in any way uncomfortable. I know, it's a bit ridiculous, but that's just the way I am. 


Okay, so I get home from dinner, I have like 30 minutes to get the kids to bed on time and the garage door won't open. Hmmm... So, I drive around to the front door, turn the car off and then go open the front door with my key. I try and open the garage door from the inside and,... nothing. Okay, the light? Nope. You have got to be kidding me?!?  So,... the electricity is out. :( 


My next door neighbor holds the garage open for me, so that I can pull my car in the garage. I go inside, look at the thermostat,... it's already 80 degrees in the house. Oh geez, this is gonna be fun. So, I put the kids in as little clothing as I can,... underwear for L and a diaper for E. Then, the rest of the night seems like a bad dream,... sweating, 81 degrees, kids crying, 82 degrees, L won't stay asleep, 83 degrees, bored and alone, 84 degrees, it's so dark, 85 degrees,... grrrrr. The electric company says it's going to take up to 24 hours from the time of the blackout for the electricity to start up. L had school today, which was nice, because at least he's comfortable at school. E and I, on the other hand, we were HOT! I finally couldn't handle it as it climbed to 87 degrees inside our house. At 2:30, I headed for my mom's house.


Hubby picked up L from school and went home to find,... the electricity was ON!! Yay! I took E and myself home and cranked the AC. It took 1 1/2 hours for the house to get down to 84 degrees from our high at 89 degrees. Then,... the electricity goes out again. D and I just looked at each other,... nooooo! Could it be?! I got on the phone with the electric company and after a few different stories, I find out that it's going to be at least another 24 hours. They describe the reason for the outage as, "Extreme heat." What?!?  Nope, not gonna do it, again. I pack up the kids and we go to my mom's house. So, basically this whole shpeel is explaining why I have been MIA lately. Nobody knows how long this nightmare is going to last, so I guess I'll see ya' when I see ya'. :(


Say a little prayer for us,... I miss you guys.

2 comments:

  1. I was kind of wondering. I don't like to be hot either so I pray this goes away quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! That's horrible! Same thing happened to me this past summer except the air conditioner BROKE while the hubby was out of state at his new job, yea, we were trying to sell our house. NIGHTMARE. Hope it gets fixed soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the comment! I, seriously, love and treasure each one!

Share

Widgets