.
Hey everyone! GFC will be discontinued soon for Wordpress Blogs, so be sure to follow with LinkyFollowers instead! I don't want to lose any of you! Thanks!! :D

Slow Cooker Spicy Peanut Butter Chicken

Hi everyone!
I'm Rachel from My Happily Ever After and I'm so stoked to be guest posting at Between U & Me today!
I'm a wife of two years and a puppy mama who loves to craft and take photos,
Play on Pinterest {find me at rachelmh}
And work on new fun items for my Etsy shop!

But more than anything, I love to cook simple, delicious, make-before-work recipes in my slow cooker
{I have a whole series of slow cooker recipes that you can find here}
So today I'm going to share a totally delish recipe for Slow Cooker Spicy Peanut Butter Chicken





*Slow Cooker Scrumptiousness* 
Spicy Peanut Butter Chicken

Ingredients 
2-4 chicken breasts
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 can of salsa
2 1/2 tblspn soy sauce
2 tblspn honey
1/2 cup orange juice
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1 1/2 tblspn ginger
1 tsp curry powder
Chopped green onions for garnish

This could be really good if you added some veggies in there too if you want to make it a little more healthy.

Pour a bit of salsa on the bottom of the pot to cover.


Add the chicken breasts on top.
{I did this with two chicken breasts because it was just for Hubs...there was a ton of extra sauce left over so I think that you could probably use the same amount of ingredients with up to four chicken breasts}


Add the rest of the salsa, peanut butter, soy sauce, honey and orange juice.


Top with ginger, curry powder, red pepper and salt.


Mix everything up and turn your crock pot on low.
Let it cook for 6 - 8 hours.

Come back, mix everything up, and either cut up the chicken into cubes or shred it up.


Serve over rice


And enjoy every bite!


Thanks again for having me today!

Printable recipe:
*Slow Cooker Scrumptiousness* Spicy Peanut Butter Chicken

Ingredients 
2-4 chicken breasts
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 can of salsa
2 1/2 tblspn soy sauce
2 tblspn honey
1/2 cup orange juice
1 1/2 tblspn ginger
1 tsp curry powder
1 tsp red pepper flakes

Optional Garnish

Chopped green onions
1/2 cup peanuts

Pour a bit of salsa on the bottom of the pot to cover.  Add the chicken breasts on top.  Add the rest of the salsa, peanut butter, soy sauce, honey and orange juice.  Top with ginger, curry powder, red pepper and salt.

Mix everything up and turn your crock pot on low. Let it cook for 6 - 8 hours.

Come back, mix everything up, and either cut up the chicken into cubes or shred it up.

Serve over rice.



3 comments:

  1. Hi Courtney,
    That looks quite delicious. Thanks for visiting and following my blog. I'm following you back.
    xoxoRosemary

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for featuring my recipe! hope you're having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm definitely trying this!! Thanks to you both!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the comment! I, seriously, love and treasure each one!

Share

Widgets