.
Hey everyone! GFC will be discontinued soon for Wordpress Blogs, so be sure to follow with LinkyFollowers instead! I don't want to lose any of you! Thanks!! :D

Fall Decor 2010 and Wire Pumpkin - {Tutorial}

I've decided that my neighbors think I am CRAZY because it's the middle of September and I have whipped out all the Halloween decorations for the front yard. But, I'm not entirely alone out there. I have been so inspired by everyone out in Blog Land and all the awesome magazines and such that I couldn't resist! I didn't realize how incredibly strange it was until I took L's new school year pix in the front yard and he was surrounded by October holiday decorations. Hmmm...

Anywho,... my mom took a couple days off work and we visited Tai Pan Trading where I am sad to say I have never been before. It was so awesome! If you have a chance to hop on over there, you totally should! I, literally, walked in and just looked up and side to side and below and all around with my trap hanging wide open. 


I declared to my mom, "I think this is my new favorite store..." 


She just looked at me and nodded," Yes, honey. I know. I've been trying to tell ya"


I took all kinds of pictures for inspiration:






Lovin the fall stuff! Lots of acorns, pears, and artichokes.


I just adore this feather covered pumpkin and sparkly jack-o-lantern!




There was tons of black and white! Totally cute!


Sparkly skeletons and more black and white








How easy would this be to do? White pumpkins with black and orange spots.


After a trip to Michaels craft store, Joann's, and Tai Pan Trading, I was dying to transform the house for Fall. Oh! And there was the Home Goods store! I L-O-V-E that place! Okay, here's what I have going so far...


Before
After


I wrapped those two pillar candle holders in some thick twine and *VOILA* fall candle holders and they only cost me the couple bucks to buy the twine. I didn't use any glue or anything. I just tucked the end in and wrapped around it so you couldn't see it. Just to make sure, it was really hidden, I just turned it around and it was hidden.

Before
(I'm one of those people who has a bunch of empty frames around the house.)


After


Before

After


Before

Are there no candles in those candle holders? I know what happened there. 
Missing: White candles
Convicted: My 3 year old.

After













What was that you said? Where did I get that adorable wire pumpkin? Oh yes, I made that... I saw this great tutorial over at Someday Crafts and I jumped in the car and zipped over to Joann's and got some of this stuff:



A couple twists and ties later and I had this adorable wire pumpkin! The best part is that it what super cheap and you can do a ton of different colors and sizes. 





Alright, here's the back-to-school pix:








I think I need to start coming up with some awesome back-to-school traditions. I've seen a couple cute ones, but I would love to hear what y'all have up your sleeves. Do you have any adorable, fun, and/or hilarious back-to-school traditions? Share, share, share...

Oh, and don't forget to link up to CRAZY CUTE. ;)

Click HERE to check out where I'm linking to and don't forget to join in on the fun!

19 comments:

  1. Hi Courtney, oh I love that store too, especially the white pumpkins with spots...might have to copy that idea. Your fall decorating looks great...love your little tree and your little guy is such a cutie! Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Following you back! I am your 56 th follower. For some reason blogger won't show my picture...It does that sometimes....I will be back next Thursday to link up and...I am putting you up on my side bar :)
    Hugs
    Frenchy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable fall decorating! I have a huge roll of wire, I just might have to try this wired pumpkin :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks beautiful! I might have to try that wire pumpkin idea...

    Check out my blog to see our first day of school traditions!

    Cara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the fall transformation! My kiddos are homeschooled so we always eat lots of sugar (donuts) the first day and make sure to do our school work in our pajamas!

    Hugs,

    Kristi
    Punkin Seed Productions

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im jealous - I love Tai Pan but there isnt one even remotely close to me. They have such great ideas. Love your wire pumpkin! Thanks for visitng my blog - Im a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! That's awesome! I want one! I can't wait for Halloween! I will just take your lead and start decorating now!
    You should come link this up at my Making It With Allie Party!
    AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful. Such great inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have now confirmed what I already knew. I am SO behind on my fall decorating! I loved all the touches in your home. I'm also in love with that store! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh, girl! I am totally on your page! I just hopped over from a link party because I looooved the look of your table design! I am so obsessed with Halloween. I know our neighbors think I'm crazy (Maybe it was the Halloween themed haunted insane asylum sign out front that did it?) Haha! I'm a new follower now. Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks so much for sharing all your inspiration and decorating and the wire pumpkin on Craft Schooling sunday, great to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the wire pumpkin. I've been looking for fake but classy looking pumpkin ideas. I'm going to have to try this one. Your little boy is so cute too with those great little cheeks.
    April @ homehinges.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I L-O-V-E FALL! I decorated this weekend and I tell you what. My house just screams fall... and decorate me! I just love it! The smells, colors and just feel. Now I can't wait for the crisp morning air to complete the effect. Your house looks GREAT transformed into fall! Thank you for sharing at It's Stinkin' Cute Craft Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i salute your creativity, you have done a wonderful job in making things more beautiful, buying them is easy but preseting them the best way and decorating your home is the most difficult part, great job you have done
    x0x0x0x

    AboutCabinets Blog

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty touches! You did a marvelous job!

    Judy@cutest-little-things

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loved all your before and after pics. All your vignettes were really great, and all your Fall decor looks so festive!!
    You have a good eye for balance and your vignettes are very eye appealing.
    Great work!!
    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  17. So much inspiration here! I have never been to a Tai Pan Trading. I am afraid I must now find one and soon! Lovely transformation for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very cute decorating!

    I love your wire pumpkin.

    I am featuring this in my blog on Monday!

    Thanks for linking up. I hope to see you again tomorrow!

    Ashley
    www.simplydesigning.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the comment! I, seriously, love and treasure each one!

Share

Widgets