.
Hey everyone! GFC will be discontinued soon for Wordpress Blogs, so be sure to follow with LinkyFollowers instead! I don't want to lose any of you! Thanks!! :D

Home Remodeling and the Half Way Reveal - Before/After

We decided to tackle the task of remodeling our house. The geniuses that we are, we thought it would be best to do this in the weeks leading up to Christmas. The whole thing started with the purchase of our wood floors. We got a killer deal online and couldn't pass it up. After we received the flooring, I  instructed politely asked my husband to "please, please, please" install them ASAP. So, he did that following weekend and while he was busy doing that, I found it only made sense to go shopping for new living room furniture. That was the beginning of the end.

Here's what we have so far. We still have a long way to go.



 Living room


 Stairs (Looking down to the landing)
These are pictures of the job halfway through. The stair skirt that you see on the sides of the stairs, will be painted white. The nose of the stairs will be stained to match the color of the wood floors.

 Stairs (Looking down to the foyer)
Stair skirt will be white. Stair nose will be stained to match flooring.

 Stairs (Looking up from the landing.)
The stair skirt and the rise on the stairs will be painted white. The nose of the stairs will be stained to match the wood floors

Hallway

And here's some more of what he have going on so far:







 






Ooh! Ooh! And don't forget! The Crazy Cute party is going on right now and you could win a $30 credit to Turnbow Designs just for linking up! Click HERE to head on over and link up!

Thanks for taking a tour with me and stay tuned for the final reveal! :D

19 comments:

  1. gorgeous remodel, courtney! love the colors. and your little dog...part of the remodel too? smile. i'm itching to do something with my living room. at least paint for heavens sake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the changes you've made so far...especially the floral chair/choc brown sofa combo. Looking forward to seeing your finishing details.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the changes you've made, especially the floors, as that project is on my to do list this year as well (stairs included). I long for the wood stairs you have vs. my icky carpet! The room is coming together beautifully, and the color palette is just lovely.

    Would love it if you linked up to my Room Evolutions party on 1/31 and shared your transformatiion!

    Jenny
    www.evolutionofstyleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's looking great so far!
    Did you guys install the can lights or did you hire an electrician? I need to do the same thing in my living room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! We had an electrician come out and do it. I think it was $75 for each can light plus another $50 to have the light switch on the wall changed to a dimmer. Thanks for the question. :D

      Delete
  5. Everything looks so good...I have been wanting to do a hardwood floor as well..and that is exactly what I've envisioned. Can you tell me where you got it and what kind it is by chance??? geetaraub@yahoo.com (Aubrey) Thanks! I'm inspired

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!! We got our wood from www.floorstoyourhome.com and the wood is called Mohawk Santa Barbara Plank Chocolate Maple 5" Hand Scraped Hardwood. Thanks for the question. :)

      Delete
  6. I LOVE your room, so beautiful, and those floors and stairs are to die for!!! Can't wait for the final reveal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your sectional! Could you share where you got it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! We got the sectional, chair, and ottoman all from Bassett Furniture. Thanks for the question! :D

      Delete
  8. Courtney, the room looks great! Love your white curtains and bamboo shades and fabulous built in!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome room. I love all the colors and especially the floors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great remodel! Especially those stairs! Thanks for the inspiration!

    blessings,
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your room looks great! Love the changes. Can you tell me where you got your couch/sectional? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful space at my Room Evolution party! It is such a wonderfully welcoming and inviting room - I hope you'll come back to share some more! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is very educational content and written well for a change. It's nice to see that some people still understand how to write a quality post!
    Certified Precision Roofing

    ReplyDelete
  14. What are the dimensions of your fireplace builtin?!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the comment! I, seriously, love and treasure each one!

Share

Widgets