.
Hey everyone! GFC will be discontinued soon for Wordpress Blogs, so be sure to follow with LinkyFollowers instead! I don't want to lose any of you! Thanks!! :D

Jelly Toast Coasters - {Tutorial}

Oh I am so excited to be here today! I have a cool project that I am tickled to share with you!

My name is Janel and I blog over at Hating Martha. I believe in fun, imperfection, craziness, and joy! My blog is full of crafts, decorating, recipes, nonsense, and more. Nothing too serious, nothing professional, everything exactly perfect! I would love for you to hop over sometime to share in some smiles and giggles! Okay, enough about me. It's time to get on with the craft. I am practical. I am quirky. And I love when the two come together in a craft! Like this...

Woot woot! Aren't these too fun!
Simple, inexpensive, and easy! Here's the how-to...
You are going to use a square of cork. (You know, the kind that come in packs of 4)
Print out the piece of bread coloring page at abcteach.com found here.
Then cut it out... This is your template. Unless you are a great free-form bread drawer. Then go for it!!
Trace around that template in each of the 4 corners.  

Use a craft knife to cut those pieces of bread out.
You should get something like this...
Go find some nailpolish in a jelly color. I chose red for strawberry. This was mine. You will need quite a bit so be sure it is cheap, and a full bottle!
Cover your "bread" in "jelly". Like this... Let it dry thoroughly before the next step!
Taking a lighter or flame of some sort pass the very edge of the "bread" through the flame. This will give it a charred look to the edge, making it more authentic.
There you go...your finished Jelly Toast Coasters.
That wasn't too painful, was it!!
Thanks for having me! 
Don't forget to stop by and say hi!

2 comments:

  1. I just "facebooked" you! Too, too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness how cute! I might have to try this for Valentines Day. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the comment! I, seriously, love and treasure each one!

Share

Widgets